Benefits of Access Floors For Data Centers
Creating the Perfect Data Center Environment
The modern data center environment needs to be a highly adaptable space that provides the ability to respond quickly and easily to client, organizational and technological changes – all while being cost-effective in both construction and operation. The inclusion of an access floor system in your data center is still the most effective and reliable method of addressing all of the demands of today’s ever evolving data centers while still meeting the everyday needs of its users in a secure and reliable environment.
An access floor system offers your data center these benefits:
- Enhanced cooling capabilities and control
- Accommodate a range of cooling solutions while increasing efficiency and heat load capacities
- Easily incorporate redundant cooling with a single or multiple cooling strategies
- Flexibility to incorporate the most energy efficient design opportunities for cooling data centers
- Easily adapt to technological and client changes over the data center’s life-cycle at low cost
- Offers the best overall solution for distributing water and other liquid cooling agents to row and rack based equipment
- Water distribution lines placed under a raised floor pose less threat in the event of water leaks or condensation due to system failure
- Provides the ability to separate water, power and cable
- Terminate cables wherever needed with complete flexibility, accessibility, and unlimited capacity
- Reduced operating costs and lower facility and maintenance costs through accessible, flexible, and adaptable services
- Underfloor service distribution space keeps the interior space clean and neat for proper air migration in-and-out of equipment.
- Raised floors provide the platform for future scalability
Airflow Distribution For Efficient Cooling
Whether you’re working with a legacy facility or a new state-of-the-art data center; whether you’re utilizing traditional vertical airflow or employing virtual containment strategies with directional airflow panels, an access floor system will ensure that you get the right amount of air, to the right equipment, at the right time.
The Advantages of Accessibility and Flexibility
Not only will an access floor give you total control over your facility’s service distribution system but, with data center spaces constantly undergoing some manner of redesign or reconfiguration, the demand for a flexible system has never been higher. The modular design of an access floor system allows you to easily relocate air panels and controls, or reroute cable quickly and efficiently without an interruption of services.
Future-Proof Data Center Design
Imagine, a future-proof data center environment which offers an excellent high-efficiency, cost-minimizing solution for new data centers. By utilizing an access floor, this future is your facility’s reality.