Features of Cold Aisle Containment
1. Can be resized – can be resized to fit existing infrastructure to maximize the use of the rack as the demand increases.
2. Can be configured. – There is separated heat and cooling system. This increases the reliability of the data center.
3. Efficient – Cold Aisle Containment allows the hot air to flow back to the CRAC directly and increase the efficiency by operating at higher temperature difference (ΔT).
4. Reliability – The Cold Aisle Containment system optimizes the cooling system available throughout the data center, utilizing the asset and reducing operating costs.
5. Flexible installation – It does not require you to modify the existing cabinet location and can also be installed on other manufacturers’ cabinets.
And another type is Hot containment, which is the wind trap in the cooling system. The aim is the to prevent a mixing between hot and cold air. However, the installation is quite limited depending on height of installation or the distance between the two racks, which can be affected by the heat from other racks.