Automatically balances data center airflow
SmartAire® MZ automatic variable-air-volume damper offers the most granular airflow control available in the data center. The unit adjusts cooling independently to 4 separate zones to allow for variable loads and partially deployed areas within a rack. The damper automatically opens and closes to adjust the amount of airflow and ensure the proper inlet temperature is maintained. During equipment changes the unit automatically rebalances the airflow in the facility without manual control adjustments.
A SmartAire® MZ Basic option is also available. The SmartAire® MZ Basic is a manual variable-air-volume damper with a single temperature probe and rack-mounted LED temperature status indicator.
Key Performance Characteristics
- 0-22kW supported IT load with DirectAire panel
- Fail safe operation, opens 100% during failure
- Included SNMP & TCP/IP
- User programmable set point
- 12 vane damper for large open area
- Four zone damper positions are variable from 0-100%
- High Precision, Quick Response Temp Measurement
- Viewable Peak Temp for walkthrough check of racks
- Available Auto Transfer Switch offers N+1 reliability